Meridian Health are currently recruiting for a HR Officer to work full time in the Bristol area. The main purpose of the role is to provide efficient administrative support by implementing and maintaining policies and processes within the organisation, to include employee relations, absence management and performance and reward administration.
Main duties will include;
Recruitment and Selection
- To undertake recruitment activity following Company policy and procedure in liaison with Managers, as required
- Collate information for recruitment requests from management, ensuring appropriate documentation and sign off is obtained.
- Co-ordinate job advertisements, to include filtering and circulating CVs appropriately.
- Schedule interviews, to include coordination of diaries and interview documentation. Respond to unsuccessful candidates in a professional and timely manner as appropriate.
- Carry out pre-employment checks, to include DBS checks, employment references and right to work in the UK.
- Produce documentation for offers of employment as required.
Induction of New Staff
- Prepare induction materials, and notify staff of new recruits as appropriate.
- Process new starter information to include creating new staff records and ensuring all necessary information and documentation is obtained in line with regulatory requirements.
- Record and monitor sickness absence for the company, notifying organisation of any potential problems as they arise, in line with company policies.
- Respond to ad-hoc inbox queries including those in relation to company vacancies, and staff references.
- Monitor probationary period reviews, ensuring meeting documentation is provided and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate administration of staff documents to include probationary review letters, disciplinary and grievance proceeding letters, and any change to terms and conditions of employment.
- Manage leaver process, to include calculation of any annual leave payments, acknowledgement of resignation letters and retrieval of building entry key cards/company property.
HR Data and Reporting
- To ensure all personnel records and systems are up to date, accurate and maintained, producing regular management and ad hoc reports as required.Ensure accurate and timely entry of changes to staff details on HR database.
- Ensure exit interview surveys are issued to leavers, reporting information gathered to organisation to be analysed and presented to Senior Management.
- Produce weekly department KPIs to include headcount, starters, leavers and sickness to be presented to Senior Management.
- GCSE Qualification in Maths and English at grade C or above.
- Basic knowledge of employment law and principles.
- Previous experience in an HR administration role.Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both external and internal customers.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with initiative and enthusiasm.
- Excellent planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Willing to adapt to take on new challenges and driven to continually improve.
- Diligent approach with strength in accuracy of work.
- CIPD Level 3 qualification or studying towards.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.