We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic Hotel Receptionist to assist in the smooth running of this beautiful, 4 star Hotel on the outskirts of Exeter.
The successful applicant will be required to deliver a high level of customer service and care to hotel guests and customers at all times.
This 3 month Temporary role has the opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate.
This role includes a variety of front office duties, making reservations and basic administration. The main role is customer service and to ensure that all guests expectations are met and exceeded.
- Check occupancy forecasts and keep the Reception Manager / Assistant Reception Supervisor fully aware of room availability
- Handle banking and cashing up.
- Check postage, emails, faxes. Photocopying and fax sending for guests. Maintain adequate stocks of brochures and stationery.
- To take reservations in a timely, polite and orderly manner ensuring all the necessary information has been recorded in the system and distributed to the required departments.
- Check in guest arrivals, handle departures and promote and up-sell the facilities to all guests.
- Assist in the preparation of daily reports required by Reception Manager and management.
- Handle any guest complaints with the utmost courtesy and refer any matter that cannot be handled to the Reception Manager / Assistant Reception Supervisor or duty manager.
- Answer the telephone in a polite and friendly manner.
- Familiarise yourself with the most recent product knowledge and provide this information to guests in a speedy and efficient manner.
- Maintain excellent time management and to maintain professional appearance to the in accordance with company guidelines.
- The position would suit a friendly, out-going and enthusiastic personality with a natural flair for customer service.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential.
- Reception experience would be desirable though not essential as full training will be provided.
- This is a full-time role, based on 40 hours per week. Candidates MUST be aware that working within one of the premier hotels in the region will require evening and weekend work, in line with business levels of professional 4-star establishment. This will also involve early starts so candidates must be completely flexible with regards their availability for work.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week on a rota / shift basis including regular evenings and weekends.
To apply, or to find out more information, call Julianne on 01392 423301 or please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.