to join our well established client in Oxfordshire .
Salary : £28000 -£35000
Under the direction of the Manager this position is a working supervisor role that plans and oversees all municipal highway operations in order to advance the safe and effective functioning of the highway department, including municipal construction projects and maintenance of municipal roads, sidewalks, vehicles, and equipment.
Leads and supervises all highway maintenance employees.
* Plans, schedules, oversees, and implements all highway maintenance activities.
* Provides frequent, timely, and respectful performance feedback to employees and conducts meaningful employee performance reviews, documented in writing, at least annually.
* Purchases necessary supplies.
* Regularly updates the Manager on the status of roads, municipal projects, equipment and training needs.
* Ensures continual weather condition monitoring to evaluate the need for snow and ice removal and other weather related maintenance requirements.
* Tracks the use of materials, applications rates of sand and salt, vehicle maintenance and related records using electronic or other means.
* Operates commercial motor vehicles and other related equipment while performing and overseeing the timely and effective maintenance of all municipal roads and rights of way (ROW).
* Identifies, oversees and performs the timely and effective maintenance and repair of all municipal roads, ROW, and drainage systems.
* Performs and oversees needed manual work such as: shovelling, sign repair and installation, flagging, trash/debris removal, soil/asphalt compaction and all related work.
* Performs and oversees routine maintenance
* Oversees a neat and orderly storage and work space.
* Ensures staff participation in all safety training offered/sponsored by the municipality.
Sets example for employees by following safety precautions and procedures at all times, including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE).
* Ensures that all interactions with colleagues, municipal officials and the public are friendly, courteous and helpful.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record are required
* SSSTS card is required
*Full UK Driving Licence preferably with LGV Class C
*NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds two years of relevant experience required;
*Competent user of Microsoft Office
*Understand client business, requirements, service needs and aspirations
*Good liaison and interpersonal skills
*Team management skills
*Customer relationship skills
*Excellent organisational and communication skills
*Willingness to work outside in all conditions
*Participation in emergency and winter service delivery
*Availability for work at Nights and Weekends
*Self-motivated and proactive in delivering solutions
Please apply to Joe Firth
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.