Highways Engineer - Manchester
My client is a leading provider of Highways and Transportation consultancy to clients both nationally and internationally in both the public and private sectors.
Due to growth within the business an experienced Highways Engineer is needed to support the Manchester and Liverpool highways teams on a permanent basis. Giving the ideal candidate the opportunity to work on prestigious, nationally recognised projects within strategic highways, local roads and rail.
The ideal candidate will be or will be working towards their Incorporated/Chartered Engineer member status with a relevant professional body. Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the design and construction of strategic, local roads and general civil engineering projects.
- Deliver engineering services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility and outline design, detailed design, construction inspection / supervision, contract preparation, stakeholder engagement / management, statutory undertaker engagement / management, traffic order making;
- Supporting the delivery of technical outputs within project teams;
- Supporting technical excellence and innovation across the project team;
- Champion Value Management / Engineering to ensure schemes are delivered efficiently;
- Deliver improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects and lead task groups where appropriate to develop, communicate and implement SHEQ improvements;
- Technical input to the agreement of project briefs, proposals and deliverables with Project Managers.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or higher in Civil Engineering.
- Experience of engineering within the construction industry.
- An understanding of Highways England and strategic infrastructure developments, including rail;
- Experience in the delivery of Highways England projects from a design perspective and familiarity with Highways England processes would be a distinct advantage.
- An understanding of Local Authority and Private Developer infrastructure developments;
- A working knowledge of civil engineering and utility provision procedures;
- Experience of the preparation of technical designs and drawings, documents and the use of specialist software in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
For a confidential discussion on the role please contact John Stocker on 0161 929 2287 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.