Are you an experienced Helpdesk/1st Line Support Technician or alternatively an ambitious I.T graduate, seeking a progressive opportunity with a forward-thinking, growing firm? Do you have a pro-active approach, high levels of self-motivation and excellent communication skills?
If so, we are seeking a candidate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Servers, VM Ware, anti-virus, firewall, networking back up solutions to take up an exciting opportunity with an established Cheltenham-based firm, who pride themselves on their own pro-active and diligent approach, leading them to most often diagnose issues before their customers are even aware of them - alerting them and minimising downtime for the respective business.
Welcoming the opportunity to work as part of a diverse, but close knit team, you will report to the Service Desk Manager and provide optimum levels of service to customers at all times. Actively enjoying the opportunity to build rapport and maintain strong customer relationships.
This role will require visits to customer sites and therefore it is essential that applicants would welcome this side of the role and have a full driving licence and their own transport.
Established over 20 years ago, this business have been involved in some exciting projects with renowned firms and offer the successful candidate both the opportunity to be part of this and to further their skill set with ongoing certification training provided for the entire product portfolio including Microsoft, VMWare, HP, Sophos, 3CX & Citrix.
In addition offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave and a welcoming atmosphere, in which you will have a voice and a pro-active approach and ideas for improvement are welcomed.
- Provide support to customer base as part of technical engineering team.
- Act as an 1st line support
- Pro-active project contribution/implementation
- Trouble-shoot problems by telephone, remote access and on-site visits.
- Help improve company systems, procedures and knowledge base.
- Server builds, configuration and installation (remote or on site).
- Diligent documentation and time-keeping.
- Solution design, and research and development for internal and client systems.
- Competence in communicating with people by telephone, email and in person.
- Well organized, thorough and able to plan and deliver complex projects to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to working times including weekends when necessary.
- Current Microsoft server experience, Windows Server 2012, Exchange Server 2013, Windows 8, Office 2013 and Office 365.
- In-depth experience with anti-virus, firewalls, networking and back-up solutions.
- Hyper-V, VM Ware experience and storage.
- Microsoft server experience/ certification preferred
A full job description will be provided to candidates prior to any CV submission.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.