Due to expansion at one of our Healthcare clients, Meridian Business Support are looking for an experienced Ophthalmic Health Care Technician to work at this new exciting Eye Surgery based in the Wakefield / Ossett area.
This role is a permanent full time contract working 37.5 hrs p/w over a Monday - Saturday rota 8am-6pm rota.
Remuneration £17,000 p/a
Key Requirements of the Post
To deliver a high standard of quality care and outstanding customer service as part of a multidisciplinary team working alongside Consultants and refractive team members.
To support the team in pre and post-operative consultations, assess the suitability of patients for refractive and cataract surgery.
- Adhere to the principles of clinical governance.
- Work alongside the refractive team in the day to day running of clinics carrying out the relevant diagnostics examinations.
- Assist in the running of pre and post-operative clinics for all patients.
- Follow correct procedure for reporting any accidents or incidents.
- Prepare all areas prior to any clinical activities, ensuring all equipment is checked and ready for use.
- Ensure the correct storage of all equipment.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Assist with stock control, ensuring realistic par levels are maintained and all items are readily available.
- Manages all the diagnostic equipment on a daily basis.
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data protection Act
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience within the healthcare sector.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office, outlook, excel and word.
- Capable of having a flexible approach to the requirements of the business
Nice To Haves:
Laser Protection Experience.
Experience within the private healthcare sector.
A DBS is required for this role of which we can assist in the application stage.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a successful and growing organisation that takes great care of its people.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Meridian on 01924 205010 or email your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.