Working on an initial 12 month contract, you will help this growing manufacturer based in the heart of beautiful Somerset to establish its Health and Safety policies and procedures and be very hands on in its implementation. Your experience will ideally be within animal feed, food production or the pharmaceutical industry and you will be NEBOSH qualified with a thorough knowledge of COSHH. The role will primarily focus on establishing COSHH procedures throughout the business, and across its new facility.
- Writing and implementing of all site risk assessments and COSHH systems.
- To establish, roll out and maintain the site COSHH systems and complete ongoing assessments for all chemicals and raw materials on site.
- Writing and delivering Health and Safety training relevant to individuals roles.
- Producing a monthly KPI report to the board of directors.
- It is essential that individuals have a pro-active and can do approach to health and safety and are happy to work in a hands on role and able to diplomatically manage existing employees expectations and actions regarding H&S and COSHH compliance.
- Individuals MUST have previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably feed, food or pharmaceutical.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of completing COSHH assessments is essential.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Passionate about Health and Safety, and a strong communicator able to influence at all levels and facilitate change.
- Experience of writing and delivering training.
- Ability to work under pressure within a high performing, fast moving environment.
Your contribution will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of benefits including pension scheme, healthcare and 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.