On behalf of their esteemed client Meridian Business Support are currently on the market for an experienced Health & Safety Officer for a large manufacturing organisation based in North Ayrshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a large brand who will assist you in developing and progressing with your career aspirations.
- Assist to develop, implement, monitor and review HS&E policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working instructions, to ensure compliance with local & Legislative requirements.
- Collate and analyse incident statistics (accident / near miss / property damage) and recommend intervention strategies; to eliminate / reduce the risk of future occurrences and incidents of ill health and lost work days.
- Present incident statistics at monthly HSE meetings and other committees / forums;
- Carry out investigations and report on all incidents, inclusive of accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences as necessary, liaise with HR Department where necessary;
- Co-ordinate emergency preparedness drills, e.g., site Evacuations.
- Ensure all contractors / sub-contractors have in place appropriate documentation in line with contractor approval procedures.
- Undertake audits and workplace inspections of operations to proactively identify where health and safety management practices can be improved to enhance health and safety performance.
- Ensure completion of HSE induction is completed for new employees in addition to contractors & visitors where applicable.
- Manage and support the sites OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001 management programs.
- Qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate or other recognised qualification i.e. I.O.S.H
- Good practical working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Law
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and to generate associated documentation.
- Ability to conduct thorough investigations following incidents.
- Training / presentation experience (involvement re training programmes / inductions / chairing meetings) is desirable.
- Preferable with 2 - 3 years working experience in HS&E.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Good knowledge of HSE best practices within a busy engineering/manufacturing facility / environment.
- Experience of working with and supporting OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001 processes.
If you are interested in the above role and would like to hear further details then if you could send an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call Ross McEwan on 0141 285 7905.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.