Due to continued expansion we are looking for a top drawer Gas Development Engineer. You will develop aesthetically pleasing domestic gas products and will be used to working within the domestic gas market. You will have the ability to innovatively take a project from initial design brief through full development and into production. The ideal candidate must have an aptitude for solving problems and formulating solutions.
- You will fully utilise your proven background in the development of decorative effect gas fires or, at least, domestic gas boilers or cookers.
- Knowledge of general engineering practices and the use of appropriate materials and their limitations in engineering practice
- Proven ability to liaise with approval agencies both in the UK and abroad.
- You will be an innovative Engineer, not only able to create interesting concepts, but also able to work with others to enable the product to be develop throughout the whole product life-cycle.
- This is a real career opportunity for somebody looking to develop products in this market, but in a beautiful county in England, so re-locators are definitely welcomed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills as the role will involve liaising with other internal departments (design, production engineering, production and purchasing) as well as external suppliers both in the UK and abroad.
- Ability to work under their own initiative and actively plan the development program is essential, as is the ability to work within tight timescales.
- A sound knowledge of general computer software packages including Word and Excel.
- Creative, innovative, with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects on time, and within budget.
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 26 days based on service, plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Discount
Working Hours: 8.00am-4.30pm Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.