Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of high quality, upholstered furniture and beds. Their brand names are household names, and their reputation as a supplier to retail distributors is second to none. If you have the gravitas and relevant industry experience to autonomously run one of their well established sites in the South West, then we would love to hear from you. You must know the furniture manufacturing industry, and be an exceptionally strong leader of people, able to drive change and expansion, be versed in production and distribution processes and be confident and adept at manage key account relationships. In return, we offer you a delightfully challenging and interesting opportunity within a superb business with potential for huge growth, with an attractive remuneration and career package.
- The post requires a strong ability to focus on quality, safety, cost and production efficiency, on time delivery, yet at the same time have the ability to deliver business improvement.
- Manage and coordinate all daily site activities (250 personnel) within company policy and budget targets giving regular feedback to the board.
- Oversee the use of labour, equipment and materials to ensure maximum efficiency's and on time delivery in full.
- Lead the management team in ensuring that key performance targets are understood and met. Encouraging a free flow of ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with Company Health and Safety policy, procedures and safe systems of work.
- In conjunction with the HR function, conduct employee performance reviews and training to to increase skills, improve job satisfaction and foster great multi-skilling.Ensure that respect for rules and regulations are high and maintain good levels of attendance. Handle discipline, grievance, performance and absence issues in accordance with HR policy.Ensure that core business processes are in place and controlled utilising the business ERP system (Syspro).
- A proven career within the furniture manufacturing and / or upholstery industry.
- Team building and leadership skills with proven ability to manage people and to develop their full potential across a wide range of disciplines.
- Proven ability in 'hands on' implementation of, clear operational plans in support of the company's strategic objectives.
- A strong awareness of health and safety matters and the importance of developing a positive safety culture.
- Excellent communication skills and ideally be familiar with dealing and working within a unionized environment.
- Strong financial awareness, analytical and presentation skills and be used to preparing significant operational budgets and in the preparation and critical review of monthly KPI's.
- An in-depth knowledge of business systems and practices to establish "real time" cost and efficiency information to aid an appropriate response aimed at continuous improvement.
- Good IT skills and experience of ERP systems
- Drive and enthusiasm to take the company operational functions to "World Class" performance levels.
- Basic salary in the region of £100,000
- Bonus potential of up to 20%
- Pension 6% Company contributions
- Life assurance of 4x salary
- Private healthcare (BUPA)
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.