On behalf of their esteemed engineering client Meridian Business Support are currently on the market for an experienced FLEET SUPERVISOR to workout of their location in West Lothian. This is an exciting and new position within the business and one that will give you the opportunity to make your mark with ideas and direction suggestions.
The business currently have a fleet of 100+ vehicles ranging from HGV and LGV's but it predominantly the latter. A good understanding of both vehicles is therefore essential.
Key essentials :-
- A proven track record of working within a maintenance related role within the commercial vehicle sector.
- Experience of managing/controlling key areas such as scheduling, cost control, supplier & customer management to a very high standard and delivering success.
- Excellent budgetary control skills
- High level of enthusiasm for working together to achieve common goals and SLA's
Main duties :-
- Key control of maintenance spend, working closely with the procurement and health & safety team and ensuring targets are met each month.
- Development of both existing and new supplier relationships, work with procurement to monitor supplier performance, costs and quotations on a continual basis.
- Efficient and cost effective scheduling of repairs, maintenance, servicing, MOT's minimising disruption to the business.
- Ensure a strong focus on H&S towards decision making process within role
- Carrying out regular safety and legislative checks and inspections of vehicles and ensuring all safety check-sheets are being completed, submitted and logged onto the fleet management software
- Analysing and interpreting tracker information, including speed reports, driver behaviour and wasted fuel. Issue reports and track follow up action
- Capture, monitor and report any risks or concerns to the relevant manager, and where relevant communicate with HSEQ Manager and HR Manager.
- Dealing with accidents and vehicle related incidents, capturing, monitoring and reporting on relevant information.
- Ensuring best practice Fleet (Driver), Human Resources, Health & Safety Policies, Compliance, (SHE), Risk and legislative requirements are adhered to at all times. Assist in the development and or review of company policies liaising with relevant departments.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then if you can send an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ross on 0141 285 7905.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.