Are you a proactive, personable and confident Machinist with experience of working with manual honing and lapping, deburring, hydraulic nulling equipment and chemical deburr equipment? Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your experience with an industry leading business that is renowned for the quality of their product design and manufacture?
Are you a strong team player, easily able to build a strong rapport with others and remain focused on quality and safety at all time?
If so and you have great attention to detail, good hand-eye coordination and dexterity, our innovative and forward-thinking client offer a fantastic opportunity to join them on a permanent basis as a Fitter/Machinist.
The company seek to empower their employees and operate a culture of high-performance, encouraging and supporting people to develop their full potential in a supportive and rewarding environment. They offer competitive remuneration and a fantastic working environment, with an enhanced work/life balance.
Key Experience required:
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Attention to detail and focus
- Enthusiasm, drive and motivation
- Experience of working in an aerospace engineering environment
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of all types of inspection equipment available to manufacturing, such as micro meters, microscopes, height and depth gauges, comparators, tallysurfs and other metrology equipment for which training has been provided and includes operation of optical measurement equipment and air gauging
- The ability to understand specifications and basic engineering drawings and is observant for, and able to detect unusual conditions in the products, errors in the documentation and defective materials / parts
- Using lapping and matched air gauging equipment
- Fits and assemble a range of body, spool and nozzle assemblies to clearance of less than 2 microns.
- Make all types of set ups for which the incumbent has had training, including fixtures, programs, tools and null specification.
- Work from manufacturing documentation which includes plans, engineering processes and specifications.
- Observant for, and able to detect unusual conditions in the products, errors in documentation and defective material/parts.
- Inspect own work for correct size, depth, position, surface finish, roundness and straightness and geometric tolerances and makes adjustments where necessary
- Use all types of inspection equipment available to manufacturing, such as micrometers, microscopes, height and depth gauges, comparators, tallysurfs and other metrology equipment for which training has been provided which includes operation of optical measurement equipment, talyrond and air gauging.
- Responsible to maintain machine and coolant as required once trained in preventative maintenance sheets and keeps machines and working area to high housekeeping standard.
If you feel that you possess the required skills and experience for this role then please apply with your CV today for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.