This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA) working within the senior management team. This is a hands on role, working in a growing medium sized private company. You will be working closely with the Managing Director and General Manager making decisions about the forward direction of the company. The position will have overall control of the finance function, will be responsible for delivering accounting and finance support to the business while managing the day to day affairs of the office.
There will be a small element of local travel required between sites of 1-2 days per fortnight.
Key tasks & responsibilities will include:-
- Providing senior management with pertinent financial information and being part of the decision making process to take the business forward.
- Production of monthly management accounts and appropriate reports. Input to, and control of, nominal ledger journals to trial balance stage with full reconciliations. Cash flow calculations and predictions.
- Preparing full annual statutory accounts and liaising with the Companies' external auditors. Ensuring compliance with all legislation.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and associated returns/payments.
- Overseeing sales invoicing, cash collection and credit control. Production of monthly debtor reports and all related activities. Oversee processing and payment of all supplier invoices. Ensure accurate costing to relevant cost centres and nominal codes.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and corporation tax. Liaising with HMRC as appropriate.
- Maintenance and development of the IT systems. Using outside support to manage both hardware and software, including support to users.
- Regular interaction with other business areas to answer queries, P&L explanation and commentary to support the plant managers and other non-financial staff members.
- Developing the current finance and office team to satisfy personal goals whilst improving business processes.
- Ideally fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA) +5 years PQE or Qualified by Experience (QBE).
- Proven end-to-end accounts preparation experience.
- Comfortable putting forward business development ideas backed by sound financial analysis.
- Hands-on with a strong attention to detail.
- Team player - willing to undertake different tasks and responsibilities, as required by the business.
- Good IT skills - advanced excel and data base skills, confident on various management reporting systems handling large volumes of data, pivot table creation, formulae knowledge and graph design. Experience in Pegasus Opera an advantage.
- Strong, confident communicator who is able to convey information about financial performance and trends to non-finance employees.
- You will be experienced in the supervision of, and support to, sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control and other admin staff.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.