Do you have previous accounts/finance experience, and possess the ability to handle basic HR administration?
We have an exciting opportunity as a Finance Officer on a 12 month contract basis at an award winning and highly successful digital marketing agency in Brighton.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of Finance for the business.
To carry out this role you will need to have previous similar accounts/finance experience, and have experience using an accounts package (ideally Xero or similar). Use of an HR database would be ideal.
Responsibilities as a Finance Officer:
- Daily checking of payments into the bank, reconciling with the accounts system and querying unusual payments
- Payroll - submitting information to the accounts system, checking payslips, setting up payments
- Credit Control - producing weekly reports and chasing invoices
- Produce reports and insights to the Managing Director weekly
- Run comparisons between accounts system and Salesforce to ensure clients are invoiced correctly
- Process payments of invoices due
- Add purchase invoices and receipts to the accounts system, chasing internal departments if needed
- Produce monthly management reports for the board
- Employee expenses
- Ensure that budgets are met for the year
- Submit quarterly VAT returns to HMRC, and ensure payments for VAT and corporation tax are made on time
- HR Administration - offer letters, contracts, inductions, maintain HR database, absence management, and ensure policies and procedures are adhered to by the team
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.