Are you an experienced Finance Assistant, seeking a varied and interesting role that fits in with childcare commitments or offers you a better work/life balance? Do you like to be kept busy and make good use of your skills, working as part of a small and friendly team?
Do you have a mature and responsible outlook and seek a role that will utilise your problem-solving skills and offer you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in a business and interact with colleagues across the board, ensuring accounting process are as efficient as possible?
Do you have excellent communication skills and enjoy ensuring that customers, colleagues and suppliers alike receive the best possible support and service at all times?
If so, our client currently have a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Finance Assistant on a Part-time basis, working 20 hours per week. Ideally these hours will be split across 5 days, but 4 days per week will also be considered. The company are flexible in regard to start and finish times, between the hours of 9am & 5pm.
The hourly rate offered for the vacancy is £8.00 - £10.00, depending upon experience.
The vacancy has been created due to growth and whilst initially offered as a 3-month, fixed-term contract, it is envisaged that if this period is completed successfully, a permanent contract will be offered.
The ideal candidate will have all-round Finance experience and a pro-active approach to problem solving, with a friendly and professional nature. You will be self-motivated, but also team-orientated and have a strong focus on attention to detail.
The company use SAP for accounting purposes, but full training will be provided.
Duties will include:
- Credit Control
- Raising Sales Invoices
- Dealing with Customer queries and raising credit notes
- Processing purchase invoices and credits
- Supplier reconciliations
- General Finance Administration and support
- Previous experience in a similar role/of carrying out similar tasks
- Good all-round knowledge of Accounts processes and flow of accounts work
- High levels of organisation and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks to ensure the smooth running of the accounts function
- Ability to query or use initiative to identify/raise/correct information
- Responsible attitude and the ability to take ownership of tasks/issues
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Keen eye for detail and high levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
Further information on the company and a full job description will be provided to suitable applicants prior to any CV submission.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.