Meridian Business Support are currently supporting a true global leader with the food technology sector in their search for 2 x Field Service Engineers, specifically looking after the Freezer section so an Electrical / Mechanical background is highly essential.
The is role will be to provide on-going technical support to customers following installation of new and aftermarket equipment, then support with troubleshooting and repairs throughout the life cycle of the equipment.
This role is field based and working from customer sites or home. You will report into the Livingston site and will be required to travel there from time to time to complete reports or attend essential training.
- All candidates will have come from a mechanical and electrical background
- 17th Edition certified is highly preferable
- A strong commercial / industrial background however we have recruited domestic in the past for those who have the right behaviours.
- HND or equivalent apprenticeship in a related technical discipline, combining electrical and mechanical certifications
- Experience of maintaining factory production equipment, although not essential for all roles
- Conduct service calls in line with established agreements. Follow up on actions required following a plant visit or telephone call. Ensure that delays and deviations are brought to customer and management attention quickly to avoid further delays and to keep within budget. Monitor time and expense reports. Manage customer visits in a timely and cost effective manner for both the business and the customer.
- Field service calls to diagnose problems with the equipment on site and make repairs such as adjustments, parts replacements, timing and synchronisation of mechanisms as may be electrical, mechanical and hydraulic or gas. Submit service and inspection reports.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for improvements or the necessary modifications for maintaining the equipment. Initiate requests for change orders from the customer's when required during repairs, should the scope of repairs change.
- Work with sales, engineering and production regarding field service requests. Advise on service problems that indicate design or manufacturing deficiencies. Assist in the compilation of product checklists and maintain as required.
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further then if you can send a full and updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ross on 0141 285 7905 and I can give you further details
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.