Meridian Health are looking for a Facilities Support Officer to work with one of our major clients based in the Monks Cross area of York. This role will mainly involve looking after the facilities of various NHS Locations.
- To provide a one point contact for tenants in a designated patch within the Yorkshire area and action requests.
- Support the FM Service Delivery Managers in management of Hard and Soft FM Contractual documentation.
- Maintain FM Services record systems on a central data base and respond to requests for information regarding services delivered.
- Provide back office support for all FM functions.
- Support achievement of corporate objectives.
- The post holder will provide support to the FM Management Services across Yorkshire.
The post holder's specific duties will include, but not exclusively consist of the following:
- Provide one point contact for properties within a designated area, responding to queries and ensuring the fm Management team respond to and action tenant requests.
- Ensure information is cascaded throughout FM Services Yorkshire.
- Facilitate Tenants and Contractor meetings in support of FM Managers.
- In support of Facilities Co coordinator liaise with tenants to timetable accommodation moves.
- Liaising with relevant NHS Estates departments or Landlord's contractors in relation to maintenance issues/urgent repairs to equipment and other works
- Maintain property policies and manage central data collation of FM related activities.
Health, Safety and Security
- Support Facilities Management in monitoring action plans are implemented following inspections
- Actively promote and support principles of "Sustainability" in all facets
- Ensure that action plans are developed in response to all internal and external audit recommendations
- Support the development, review and dissemination of premises operational policies (as Landlord)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of performance management and benchmarking arrangements within estates and facilities
- Assist in the collation and analysis of performance data, activity and target information
- Collation and analysis of Utilities invoices and ensure information is readily available for production of DECs.
- Ensure all FM landlord compliance requirements are met and records are maintained.
- Ensure each all relevant information is provided to Facilities Co ordinators to maintain individual building information folders contain the information that may be required by their inspection bodies e.g. CQC
- Maintain training records for all FM staff, ensuring all training records are completed.
- Populate FM Management data base in line with company policy.
- Process and check invoices for soft FM consumables for premises as required.
- Process equipment and furniture orders as appropriate and with appropriate authority in line with financial rules.
- Check invoices and code for process via SBS.
- Maintain records for building safety and mandatory compliance, ensure certificates and inspections are carried out as per statutory requirements.
- Maintain supplier data base.
- Process contract variation documentation and update central records.Monitor KPI submissions to identify contract failures and corrective action is taken.
Systems and Equipment
- Support FM Service Delivery Managers in the development of Specification documentation and throughout the process of appointing service providers.
- The post holder will be skilled in the use of standard desktop software including word processing, spreadsheet and database programmes. Training in the use of bespoke and specialist IT packages will be provided as necessary. Skills will also be required to produce typed reports/recommendations and to manage e-mails, contacts and diary. Training updates will be made available.
- It is desirable that the post holder is competent in reading/understanding plans/facilities reports and complex legal/commercial frameworks and agreements. Support will be available for complex/high level issues.
Decisions and Judgments
The post holder will be expected to work with minimal supervision, although key decisions and taken in agreement with the line-manager and the organisation's corporate management systems, liaising with other professionals as deemed relevant. A good degree of autonomy in decision-making and self-management will therefore be required and the post holder will need to use this to make well-considered judgments which bring positive results whilst showing skilled consideration for due process. They will deal with complex, often conflicting and commercially sensitive information in performing this role.
Although this role is based in York, some travel will be required to various other sites so a Full Driving Licence is required.
This is initially a 3 month contract (although could be extended).
Pay starting £18000 p/a (pro rata) on a full time Monday to Friday working pattern.
For more information or to apply, please contact Michael Wadey at Meridian on 01924 205010 or send your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.