Our client, a leading engineering company, has an immediate permanent vacancy for an experienced Facilities Co-Coordinator/Office Manager to join a busy team in their Manchester office.
Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all Facilities/Office related activities within a hub office. Working with the Facilities Manager, you will provide flexible, pro active assistance to the Manager whilst providing an excellent level of Administrative and Facilities support ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of the hub office and other offices within the region including Liverpool and Leeds (occasional travel to other offices will be required)
- Liaise with staff and contractors for various soft services, including regular inspections, preparing performance reports
- Provide pro active assistance to the FM for the management of small or routine contracts including Cleaning, Maintenance, Pest Control, Fire, Health & Safety and Environmental monitoring, conducting inspections, preparing reports and providing feedback on performance standards appropriate
- Responsible for site security procedures, plus databases and documents for policy and procedure
- Supervision of all communication equipment that falls under the responsibility of Facilities, providing support as required, liaising with IT should issues or faults need to be escalated
- Collating and producing site specific or regional reports on behalf of the FM, developing appropriate systems to ensure statutory requirements are met
- Working on an Office Management Plan with the Regional FM, reviewing and updating all important information such as emergency procedures, fire drill, First Aiders and Fire Marshals
- Oversee administration of the archive master database
- Deputise for the FM in their absence, acting as the Facilities focal point in hub and regional buildings
- Assist with preparation of budgets, financial expenditure and purchase ordering as required
- Manage and support the Facilities Assistant responsible for managing the Reception/Front of House activities
- Maintain all aspect of the companies security pass and security systems
- Supervise the records for contractor and visitor passes
- Working with the Facilities Assistant, taking responsibility for the meeting room booking systems, including room set up, arrange purchase orders to cover all hospitality requirements and maintain records for review as required by the company
- Take ownership and responsibility for all meeting and conference facilities, ensuring maintained to the highest standards throughout the day (including hospitality, support from Facilities with room set up etc and adequate levels of stationery
- Effectively manage in conjunction with the Facilities Assistant all aspects internal and external mail and couriers, supervising the Franking Machine contract
- Act as Fire Warden for building
- Manage and control all internal office supplies
- Maintain Car Parking database where appropriate, ensuring all relevant paperwork is correctly completed by employees and updating records as appropriate and in line with agreed procedures
- General administrative duties as required
- Experience within a Facilities/Office Administration environment is essential
- Confident managing multiple projects in a high pressure environment where continual prioritisation is required
- Meeting targets on time/budget
- Manage office admin and reception personnel, liaison with maintenance contractors, invoice processing, security badge management
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Flexible approach to work and working hours, able to solve problems in the absence of the Regional Facilities Manager
- Able to visit other offices when required, a driving licence is essential
- Computer literate
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Facilities Administrator/Manager to join a renowned organisation and take the next step in their career.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply by return as out client is keen to interview week commencing 9th November.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.