Fantastic organisation seeking a Facilities Assistant in Central Manchester on a 14 month fixed term contract. Working as part of a team of 5 you will be providing a high quality, customer focused facilities service. Salary £19,000 to £22,500 and exceptional benefits.
- Act as first point of escalation to resolve Facilities tasks on an array of mechanical and electrical infrastructure systems and building assets
- Receipt, log, progress and resolve all jobs. Keep the customers informed with anticipated completion date and provide regular updates to the Assistant Facilities Manager
- Monitor the pre-planned maintenance schedule, ensuring that all PPMs are carried out in a timely manner and that the organisation meets statutory requirements
- Liaise with the contractors and engineers in relation to any building and equipment defects. Obtain quotes and arrange work as needed
- Manage contractors working on site and ensure correct permissions are in place and that processes are being followed
- Responsible for checking that agreed work by contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any incomplete work or defects with the contractor
You will also be involved in health and safety, security, office moves, looking after office supplies, managing meeting rooms, internal mail, production of statistics and general administration. This is a really varied role for the right person.
- Will have experience of working within a facilities environment, providing excellent customer service
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Great organisational skills and the ability to plan and manage your workload effectively
- The ability to use your initiative and be proactive
- Any knowledge of health and safety and carrying out workstation assessments would be the icing on the cake.
If this Facilities Assistant role sounds good to you, please do apply ASAP as we are working to very tight deadlines!