Estates Surveyor - North East
My client is one of the UK's largest providers of outsourced professional and support services to local authorities and other public bodies. The Property Services team provides strategic and operational asset management, master planning, design, estates and facilities management for a substantial property portfolio up and down the country.
Due to growth and successful acquisition of new, long-term projects, a chartered surveyor is needed to join their expanding team based in Middlesbrough.
The right candidate will take on a varied and challenging caseload as an integral member of a busy team providing professional consultancy services to a range of public and private sector clients. Be a member of the RICS with registered valuer status with demonstrable experience of general practice surveying work, including working with public sector clients, which includes valuations, landlord & tenant, disposals and acquisitions, and appraisals.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Provide professional advice on a varied portfolio of commercial, residential and specialised premises, schools, and other public buildings and land.
- Undertaking landlord and tenant negotiations (rent reviews, new leases and lease renewals).
- Undertaking property valuations and development appraisals.
- Carrying out day-to-day estate management duties on both vacant and occupied properties.
- Provide advice and handle negotiations on site acquisitions, rationalisation reviews and disposals, regeneration and highway schemes, including Compulsory Purchase and Compensation.
- Carrying out asset valuations.
You will be expected to:
- Work in a timely, cost-effective manner whilst maintaining a personal caseload and working collaboratively with other team members.
- Report progress to clients regularly to ensure that client satisfaction, KPIs and expectations are met.
- Advise clients on compliance with statutory and industry best practices. Offer increased value to customers by use of other disciplines within the company.
- Support management in the preparation of planning and reporting documentation through the provision of timely, accurate information.
- Contribute to business development, including information sharing, use and understanding of company systems.
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development including developing your professional skills and staying up to date with.
This is a great opportunity for any surveyor looking to join a well-known consultancy that prides themselves on competitive salaries, employee development and maintaining a healthy work life balance.
For a confidential discussion on the role please contact John Stocker direct on 0161 929 2287 or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.