Our client has an immediate vacancy for an experienced Estates Officer on a temp to perm basis in Coventry. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar position and be able to have an immediate impact on this busy role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage and control the Building Operations Team and external contractors including Craftsmen, Maintenance Assistants and Contract Labour
- Planning reactive repairs and planned preventative maintenance in line with the contract
- Specialist knowledge across a wide range of disciplines will be required
- Using in-house software packages to schedule, plan and prioritise staff/department workloads and allocate resources
- Manage routine requests for building assistance, analysing and implementing solutions
- Ensuring a fast and effective response to breakdowns, meeting KPI's (Emergency/Urgent/Routine)
- Ensuring Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems are implemented and carried out in a timely manner
- Provide technical advice and liaise with stakeholders
- Liaise with Statutory Regulators, Consultants, Fire Brigade, Contractors and Company representatives external to the Organisation
- Establish and maintain quality systems, ensuring work is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Comply with Statutory Health & Safety Regulations for a safe working environment, carrying out Health & Safety Risk Assessments as required
- Responsible for policy and procedure implementation, undertake technical surveys
- Responsible for time keeping, conduct of staff and maintaining discipline. Undertake staff appraisals and ensure staff records are kept relating to holiday and sickness. Checking time sheets, general reporting and management of sickness absence of the Estates team
- Proactively plan, schedule, supervise and monitor the activities of Estates Department staff, ensuring productivity and performance of staff is maximised
- Carry out procurement, organisation or planning activities as required
This is an immediate vacancy with a view to a permanent role. If you have the relevant experience and skills please apply by return.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.