Our client distributes engineering spares and parts on a global basis and have an integral stores and warehousing function in Exeter. They are looking for a hands on Warehouse Supervisor to join their expanding team. You will manage a team of 10 and be required to fulfil any function within a busy warehousing and distribution environment (so a full Counterbalance Forklift license is essential).
- Management of a team of up to 10
- To ensure all product is received and checked within strict deadlines
- To ensure all orders are booked in, entered on the computer system and work sheets created accurately
- Ensure all intake of product is correctly rotated and maintained
- Check with warehouse office for pallet sheets and production details
- Conduct regular checks on Goods In team to ensure correct stocks and quantity and quality are recorded
- Assembled pallets should be taken to laydown area or taken to Production and Assembly
- Ensure Health & Safety rules are implemented and heeded by whole department
A successful candidate will have:
- Previous warehouse background
- The ability to organise and delegate efficiently
- A FLT license in counter balance and ideally Reach trucks
- Proven warehousing and stock control experience within an engineering distribution business ideal.
- Proven supervisory experience of a team in excess of 5 staff.
- Forklift license (ideally Counterbalance).
- IT literacy including Word, Excel and experience of working within a computerised stock control environment (ie MRP, ERP, SAP or similar)
- Able to effectively manage a team of Warehouse Operators whilst also remaining 'hands on' in your role at all times
Working Hours: The hours are Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.15pm.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.