Meridian are currently working in partnership with an excellent and highly respected Scottish business on their requirement for an Engineering Manager to work out of their site in West Lothian. This is a truly outstanding opportunity for the correct candidate to forge an excellent career and be an integral part of their growth and success moving forward.
Main Duties Include
- Proactively seek performance progression initiatives to improve plant, process, people and machinery
- Identify, organise, source and use resources effectively to complete tasks (with consideration to cost, quality, safety and environmental impact).
- Undertake engineering work in a way that contributes to sustainable development
- Demonstrate awareness of, and help deliver operational targets.
- Maintenance budgetary responsibility for site engineering based on core business objectives
- Ensure all contracted work is minimised and carried out to standard and in accordance with company and legal safety policies.
- Have a full understanding of individual team capabilities to enable correct allocation of tasks and to aid further development
- Ensure the team are enthused with an 'adding value' mentality
- Provide technical expertise to the engineering team and other departments
- Work closely with Department/Facility Managers to maintain the site and all installations to the highest standard and develop machinery ownership systems with and for operators.
- Plan, manage and oversee the daily functions, operations and activities of the team, to constantly improve organisational productivity and customer service
- Provide the departmental management with progress and projected timescales of reactive maintenance, and reporting root cause analysis of faults after the event.
- Design cost-effective modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput. Consider lean principles when looking at process flow and aim to minimise waste throughout the factory.
- Implement a robust preventative maintenance schedule.
- Ensure all breakdowns are investigated to root cause.
- Ensure all engineering activities and Contractors meet and integrate with Company requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, insurance requirements, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Maintain a secure, robust stock management of all tools, parts and consumables', ensuring adequate stock is on hand/available at all times, ensuring a high level af cost awareness and minimisation.
- Manage the engineering store, setting realistic stock levels, by working closely with consignment stock companies.
- Delivery of engineering purchasing, at a highly competitive price.
- Ensure that all site equipment/tools and assets are maintained as set out in the procedures manual, which will include time scales to the satisfaction of all relevant departments including a mutually suitable time for the maintenance of equipment.
- Provide standardised regular and robust reports as and when required.
- Advise, coach and mentor all relevant members of staff on all Engineering related issues giving them the tools to be more effective and efficient.
- Regularly update all SOP/maintenance procedures in order that line operatives/engineers can be trained in the basics of how to carry out equipment repairs.
- Assist in the maintenance of the site security, including the alarm system and the maintenance of the security cameras around the site. Participate in the 'on call' department rota as and when required.
- Participate in various projects relating to the purchasing of new machinery, improved operations or new processes and produce cost benefits analysis considering implications such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Liaise closely with the Technical and Hygiene department in terms of customer specification, good manufacturing practice (GMP) and legal compliance.
- Continually improve and account your specific resource requirements to the Factory Manager, in line with Company objectives.
- Contribute to providing a healthy and safe working environment and ensure the site facility projects the correct first impression of the Company to all our clients and visitors.
- Experienced multi-skilled Engineer (including refrigeration, mechanical, electrical and services)
- Strong change management, leadership and strategic thinking.
- Excellent people management.
- Passion for high quality productivity.
- Coach and mentor team.
- Adapt from strategy to 'sleeves rolled-up approach' when required.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload of the department.
- Proven project management success.
- Right first time approach and ethos of continuous improvement.
If you are interested in hearing more then if you can send an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ross McEwan on 0141 285 7905 for a confidential chat.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.