A high-profile, manufacturer of household name food brands has a fantastic and rare opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to head up the Maintenance team and oversee day to day engineering issues.
The role of the Engineering Manager is to take responsibility for all operations involved with the operating and maintenance of plant and equipment within the factory. The Engineering Manager is responsible for maintenance, installation and safe operation of plant and equipment within the factory and must undertake to achieve all of the following goals.
Goals Of The Engineering Manager
- To implement and maintain a high standard of maintenance efficiency, and to maximise throughput with available plant and equipment.
- To ensure all staff under his control are trained to the correct standards.
- To ensure all maintenance is carried out between shifts to minimise equipment down to time.
- To ensure a high standard of hygiene for all plant and equipment within the factory and ensure commitment for the clean as you go policy.
- To ensure a high standard of maintenance for all the equipment and resolve faults as they occur.
- To monitor specific problems with and machinery and recommend resolutions.
- To ensure good quality production standards through efficient use of available maintenance time.
- To ensure that all documented procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure staff work in a safe manner and adhere to health and safety regulations.
- To arrange overtime hours etc as required to fulfill necessary maintenance.
- To assist the QA department to ensure product quality and consistency are maintained and report any problems.
- To actively promote and encourage good practice procedures to assist in the further development of staff.
- To liaise with Management to ensure operational practices, procedures and changes are introduced smoothly and with minimum disruption.
- To assist the Factory Manager organising, coordinating, implementing and changing practices and procedures.
- To advise and consult with Senior Management regarding implementation of new equipment and improving existing practices and procedures
- To ensure an in-depth understanding of equipment and be able to source spare parts for stock holding, as well as forming good professional relationships with suppliers and agents.
- To work hours and days necessary to achieve required results.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-moving, and growing company and contribute to its continued success.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a food manufacturing or similar FMCG environment and have proven experience of process improvement, lean manufacturing and PPM and be very hands-on when dealing with maintenance issues and problem solving.
If this sounds like you and you are looking and ready for an exciting challenge, please apply immediately or call Karen Smith on 01993 709977 for more details.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.