Embedded Software Engineer - Newton Abbot - Salary £40,000 - £45,000
Would you be proud to work for a UK based high-technology electronics manufacturer: offering cradle to grave products to global customers? If you are excited at the prospect of developing complex embedded firmware for exciting cutting edge electronics products then this could be just the opportunity you seek!
- Development of complex embedded firmware for exciting cutting edge electronic products
- Collaborate with the existing highly skilled and creative development team
- Plan, execute and document development activities
- Maintain and improve the current software design standards and processes
- Minimum 3 year's experience of embedded firmware development for electronic products, although exceptional applicants or graduates that can demonstrate their sharp skills are welcomed to apply
- Experience with a variety of microcontrollers / platforms, ARM Cortex M3 would be particularly advantageous
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Software modelling using standard tools (e.g. UML, Yourden etc)
- Coding to established standards, Lint, MISRA etc and usage of revision control systems e.g. Subversion, Git etc
- Experience with embedded real-time operating systems
- Mac OS application and driver development
- Experience with RDBMS technology
- Electronics design experience
- A good degree in a related Engineering discipline e.g. Electronics, Software, Computer Science or similar
- Practical electronics experience
- Fully conversant with MS Office
- Focused and yet fun team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communicator capable of working in multidisciplinary teams and conveying complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Mon-Thurs, with a 4pm finish on a Friday (Flexitime could be offered on this position).
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.