As the Production Engineer you will manage the interface between our Engineering and Production teams: focusing on the client's cradle to grave design, production assembly and delivery of innovative electronics solutions to a variety of high end clients. You will be responsible for facilitating the transfer of information for new and modified designs and test equipment and it would be extremely beneficial if you can offer our client experience in CE and UL Certification.
- Responsible for the development of factory acceptance, first article and test procedures and assist in the design, development and procurement of test equipment, rigs and fixtures.
- Manage the process and documentation for new part approval and transfer to production, product change control process and change note process.
- Create and maintain manufacturing build and test documentation including standard operating procedures, build instructions, test procedures and equipment specifications.
- Daily support to the Production department and training for new products.
Investigate problems, analyse root causes and derive resolutions.
- Manage all feedback ensuring this is built into continuous improvements and quality assurance systems.
- Lead product compliance certification and audit activities.
- Maintenance of the Company's internal parts, drawing and revision system.
- Manufacturing assembly experience
- Proven experience of writing manufacturing / test documentation and procedures.
- A good working knowledge of the use of standard metrology equipment.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office.
- Ideally a further education qualification in electronics or similar or a minimum of two years' experience of production engineering within high technology (ideally electronics), high value, low volume manufacturing environments.
- Electronic engineering background.
- A familiarity with standards compliance e.g. CE and UL and certification processes.
- Good communication skills and have a high level of attention to detail.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.