A superb opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the country, for a global manufacturer of precision engineered metal parts. You will offer a good level of knowledge and experience of Electro-Plating equipment, machinery and processes and be used to leading a team.
- To support the Machining and Plating Manager to ensure that production targets are achieved and the highest standards of quality and health and safety are maintained.
- To produce regular and accurate production information as required and organise and prioritise labour across all the cells in order to meet targets.
- To be fully involved in Kaizan and quality improvements, formulating plans with the Material and Plating Manager and to lead from the front during the implementation and delivery of new initiatives
- To motivate and develop members of the team through coaching and mentoring, effective communication practices, the delivery of appraisals and the identification of training needs
- Extensive experience within a Machining and Plating environment
- Familiar with the technical, environmental and health and safety aspects of working in a Plating environment
- Proven supervisory experience
- A chemical qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to motivate and manage others
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Working Hours: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 1.20pm Friday. 37.50 hours/week.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.