Meridian Business Support are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Electrician within Rhonnda Cynon Taff. This position is full-time working 37 hours per week Monday-Friday.
Purpose of Role:
- To contribute to the achievement of the goals and targets of the Housing Maintenance Unit by ensuring the provision of a high quality cost effective, efficient, customer focused, maintenance service.
- To promote equality and the understanding of diversity.
- To ensure that all activities are designed to progress the Association, reflect best practice and strive for continuous improvement of the service.
- To ensure all works are carried out in accordance with recognised building practice.
- Carry out work to a high standard and where possible right first time
- Receive and submit work instructions using internal electronic system
- Ensure maximum efficiency and minimum waste
- To accurately submit timesheets ensuring accurate recording of properties attended
- Attend imprest stock meetings on a weekly basis
- To carryout daily vehicle inspections as directed
- To ensure your vehicle is maintained to an acceptable standard of cleanliness and that impress stock items are stored safely to minimise risk of accidental damage or injury
- To ensure work tickets and all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and returned within the required timescales
- To participate in an out of hours standby rota
- Monitor minimum stock levels of materials required to undertake your duties
- Undertake minor repairs as required within competencies agreed with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Undertake self assessment of works as and when required ensuring accuracy and use of correct SOR codes.
- Contact Maintenance Supervisor is job allocated is greater than initially envisaged
- Inform tenant when works will be complete
- Assist a tradesman where required in the completion of repairs
- Report any defects in the properties in which you have been tasked to undertake repairs, especially if they are of an urgent or emergency nature
- Carry out installation and repairs to the following
- Light pendants, lamp holders, batten holders
- Light switches, pull cord switches
- Fluorescent and bulkhead fittings
- Socket outlets, cooker control units
- Immersion heater switches and spurs
- Electric showers
- Consumer units
- Battery and hard wired smoke alarms
- Serving and maintenance of emergency lighting#inspection and testing of wiring, fittings and components
- Complete rewiring of domestic/commercial dwellings
- Take an active role in the development and monitoring of the Association's risk management procedures
- Keep abreast of developments in legislation and good practice and update the Association's policies and practices accordingly
- Fully implement, utilise and promote new technology in all areas of work and ensure accurate records are kept
- Comply with the Association's Health and Safety Policy
- Comply with and promote the Association's Customer Care Charters
- Comply with data protection policies and practices
- Any other duty commensurate with this post as requested by your Line Manager
- C&G 2360 Part one & two
- C&G 2351/2330Level two and three plus C&G 2356/2357
- C&G 2382 17th Edition Regulations
- Testing & Inspection C&G 2391/C&G 2394/2395
- CSCS Card(desirable but not essential)
Interested please email your CV to Craig @ Meridian firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.