Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting for one of our clients based in West Yorkshire, for an experienced Electrician to join their site based electrical engineering team, to perform core electrical engineering activities to various clients within the UK. We are seeking experience mainly in the industrial sector where you will already be used to working unsupervised to complete contracts within varying timescales. Apprentice served, you will also possess the necessary qualifications to prove your competence. You will have access to company pension and company van after 3 months probation.
* Be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Be of an adequate level of physical fitness for the tasks required by the role.
* Be prepared to work in a flexible manner to fulfil the needs of the business.
* Be professional and corporate in your every-day activities.
* Have an enthusiasm for your role, keeping up to date with any regulations and training required.
* Honest, reliable and trustworthy in nature, punctual with good time keeping abilities.
* Organised and tidy in your approach to practical work.
Essential Qualifications/Skills Required
* Hold a valid, appropriate UK driving licence.
* IT literate and have access to an email account and phone for communication purposes.
* Have undergone an Apprenticeship or equivalent training and had practical training in electrical installation
* Hold Level 3 NVQ Electrotechnical Services qualification or equivalent.
* Hold Level 3 Certificate of Electrical Installations (inspection, testing and certification of electrical
installations) or equivalent. 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
* Obtained Achievement Measurement 2 qualification (AM2)
* Have thorough working knowledge of the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry,
the current Wiring Regulations BS7671 and Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
* Have knowledge of the most economical and effective layout of electrical installations.
* At least 2 years experience working in Industrial markets/organisations.
Desirable Qualifications/Skills Required
* Demonstrate competence in Inspection & Testing; City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent.
* Demonstrate experience in completion of Risk Assessments.
* IOSH Health and Safety qualifications.
* CompEx Units EX01 - EX04
* Experience in working in commercial markets/organisations
Please apply with a relevant, updated CV.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.