Are you an experienced and multi-skilled Electrical Technician with recent exposure to assembling Vehicle electrical systems? Are you looking to expand your skill set and abilities with a well established Engineering firm? If you just answered yes to these questions then this may be the perfect opportunity for you...
This is a permanent, full time role with a salary of up to £11.90 per hour DOE
**Early finish on a Friday**
- Assemble original/refurbished specialist ground support vehicles and equipment, complete to customer's specification as outlined in the Customers Order.
- Work must be of a very high standard and quality in accordance with ISO 9001 ensuring vehicle reliability and appearance is maximised.
- Ensure process control documentation (VQD) has been signed off and completed in the correct manner.
- Support Production Supervisors, as required.
- Provide technical support to those Employees who have limited knowledge.
- Would be required to work the Company's basic working week and from time to time work additional hours to achieve a company commitment to the customer.
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing to a successful team and accept ownership of the vehicle throughout the assembly process
- Willingness to travel with the business to Europe or Overseas for occasional service requirements
- Demonstrate a positive working attitude to ensure that deadlines are met.
Knowledge / Skills / Expertise
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Have recent experience of installation, modification and fault-rectification of vehicle electrical systems and equipment.
- Understanding of commercial vehicle electrical installations and experience with vehicle Canbus systems
- Competence in working accurately to schematic diagrams
- You must have your own personal tool kit, and be happy working in a busy workshop environment with the flexibility to meet changing priorities.
Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship, C&G 1-2, NVQ L3 or equivalent to one of these qualifications
Proven experience within a manufacturing environment or a proven engineering background with electrical system experience, a working knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical PLC and Canbus experience and vehicle operation would be an advantage.
If you feel that you meet the essential requirements and would like to hear more about this role then please apply online with your CV for immediate consideration or call the branch on 01242 246 020 to speak to Jade.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.