A rapidly expanding international engineering company has a rare opportunity for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join the team and contribute to their continued success.
This role is responsible for the full product life-cycle of electrical and control systems, from design through to commissioning support on clients' sites worldwide. Continued competence in an electrical design CAD package is essential as is the ability to produce electrical and 2D drawings alike.
You will be expected to work with suppliers and carry out factory acceptance testing at our suppliers' premises prior to shipment to our client's site, so ensuring a high level of quality assurance.
Working closely with clients, project managers and other members of the engineering team you will take an active role in establishing the brief of projects, leading design and developing potential solutions in order to assist in delivering high quality projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
The role will follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines as laid out in quality documentation.
Overseas travel is a fundamental and ongoing requirement of this position. Travel to clients site may involve, but is not limited to, commissioning of equipment, fault finding, or technical sales support.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Degree/Master`s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
* Siemens S7 PLC Programming Skills
* Working knowledge of CAD software, ideally with familiarity with E Plan and SchemELECT
* Commitment to personal development
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
* Organised and imaginative approach to work.
* Effective problem-solver and decision making.
* Ability to look critically at existing practices and to understand and interpret complex legislation and guidance.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritise work and to collate and present information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
* Effective team player.
* Good track record of meeting deadlines.
* Able to work on own initiative.
If you have the experience and credentials as outlined above, please apply immediately or call Karen Smith on 01993 709977 for more details.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.