The Plant Engineer will ideally have previous experience in this field and the relevant industry qualifications. A good demonstrable understanding of operations and maintenance, heating / chilling plant and distribution systems on a commercial / industrial level is required as well as practical experience with IT related monitoring systems. In addition, ideally the successful candidate will have had experience in the control and management of water conditioning for closed water and or cooling tower circuits.
There are a number of key aspects for the successful candidate to deliver, including:-
Reactive and Planned Maintenance
· Carry out the defined planned maintenance regime for all contractual obligations.
· Undertake relevant "Condition Based" Maintenance tasks in line with the Manufacturers specification.
· Carry out proactive plant monitoring activities to ensure efficient utilisation of plant and equipment.
· Carry out repairs, overhauls, reactive maintenance and minor installation works on associated plant.
· To co-ordinate and work with our appointed contractor in managing and the control of Legionella for two separate cooling tower installations.
· Carry out LV electrical related activities associated with the operation and maintenance of the Plant and equipment
· Attend, diagnose and repair faults having due regard to customer care in this specific environment.
· Interrogation of operational information systems (BMS) to support daily operations as well as fault diagnosis
· Complete accurate service documentation from sites works, site paperwork and report diligently to maintain and manage site and vehicle parts stocks.
· Liaise with Contract Manager, Supervisor and sub contractors when on site.
· Ensure relevant health and safety policy is adhered too.
· Have an understanding on Permit to Work Systems, and all other relevant Health and Safety requirements.
· Ability to work unsupervised and function as part of a team
· Any other relevant duties that may be required some of which may be outside normal working hours
· Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard
· Ensure jobs are closed down promptly to allow for timely invoicing
· Have an understanding of the contracts and charging structures
· Demonstrate the ability to maintain plant and equipment to agreed specifications and operation
· Have an in depth knowledge of the relevant individual contracts
· Ensure that our Electronic PPM Database (using PDA's) is up to date and correctly completed.
· Ensure all jobs are closed down promptly.
· Other tasks as directed by Line Management which may include occasional works at other locations.
· Place the highest importance upon Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· Prepare and carry out necessary Risk Assessments and Method Statements associated with planned and reactive maintenance work required on site
· Be part of a rostered call-out team.
· Abide by policies and procedures at all times.
· Be part of an out of hour's call out rota, typically 1 week on in every 3
Person Specification of skills required
· 17th Edition essential 2391 preferred
· A relevant technical qualification
· Experience of maintaining water circuit conditioning.
· Fault-finding and practical skills
· Good mechanical and electrical knowledge in a Field Service environment.
· Able to work unsupervised and function as part of a team.
· Computer literate and experience with industrial process controls.
· Driving License essential
· Able to work alone with minimum supervision.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.