Our Client is looking to recruit a fully qualified Electrical Maintenance Engineer to work on busy contract covering a large patch including Reading, Portsmouth, Southampton and Guildford. This is a permanent opportunity for a time served/apprentice trained electrician who holds a minimum 17th Edition. This is an ideal opportunity for someone based in Guildford or surrounding areas.
- Undertaking work on various contracts (retail, leisure and commercial properties)
- Working/Installing/reporting on single and three phase electrical installations.
- Completing all Internal and statutory required reports on a netbook to tight deadlines (NICEIC Reports & Certificates Electronic logbooks)
- Have written and clear communication skills so as to liaise with client and team members
- To have experience in completing Electrical Installation Condition reports/certificates and to understand the correct issue of each report when carrying out works
- Portable Appliance Testing and Reporting
- Fire Extinguisher Testing and Reporting
- Emergency Lighting Testing and Reporting
- Be able to work alone and part of a team
Skills and Requirements:
- City & Guilds 17th Edition
- City & Guilds Inspection & Testing 2391 (ideal)
- Fire Alarm testing - installation - fault finding - and reporting - refresh training can be offered within the team, but an understanding of fire alarm regulations/Installations would be expected
- Able to follow technical drawings, building plans and wiring diagrams
- Able to work at heights and willingness to work in all sorts of weather
- Comfortable working in confined spaces on occasion
- Able to plan and organise your work, and motivate others that may be assisting
- Flexible approach
If you hold your are fully qualified/time served, hold your 17th Edition, and have a full driving licence with no endorsements please apply by return as our client is hoping to move quickly on this role.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.