Meridian are currently looking for an Electrical Estimator to work for a well established electrical contractor based in Ashford, Middlesex.
The candidate should be familiar and able to undertake/mange the following:
- Industrial, Rail, Commercial, Infrastructure & Airport Sectors
- Project values ranging from £50k > £5M
- Review tender documents and drawings.
- Be familiar with standard methods of measurement and industry working practices.
- Compile inquiries and obtain quotations for materials and sub-contract packages.
- Responsible for preparing, managing and taking accountability for the development of cost estimates.
- Use of Amtech, Contract Master estimating Software.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word & Project.
- Carefully vet all tenders to ensure that they comply with the clients requirements.
- Create detailed cost risk analysis and work breakdown analysis to ensure production of high quality cost estimate.
- Arrange and attend site visits and liaise with our operations department.
- Ensure that tender documents are kept in a safe place and secure manner.
- Formally issue completed tenders monitoring its status.
- Identify and prepare risks and opportunities register.
- Contribute to internal mid-tender and tendering review meetings.
- Prepare and handover secured tenders to the operations team.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and suppliers
- Work unaided maintaining good attendance, time keeping and individual work load management.
- Conform to internal procedures, processes and reporting requirement's
- Experience of Electrical, Mechanical, Communication's, Fire & HV Systems
- 5 years + Estimating experience
If you are suitable and interested in the role, please contact Sam @ Meridian on 01273 220001 and email CV.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.