An Electrical Development Engineer is required to join a very innovative Research and Development team in the beautiful county of Devon. You will have the ability to take projects from initial design brief through full development and into production. The ideal candidate must have an aptitude for solving problems and formulating solutions and offer proven development experience within the electrical/electronic domestic appliance industry. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
- You will fully utilise your proven background in the design and development of electric domestic appliances and the ability to utilise the latest technology and the ability to create new ground breaking concepts is essential.
- Knowledge of general engineering practices and the use of correct materials in the development process are essential.
- Must be able to work within the budget limitations of the brief and ensure the design meets the tight cost targets in order to produce a competitively priced product.
- Must be fully conversant with all the relevant British and European standards applicable to Domestic electric products approval.
- Proven ability to liaise with approval agencies both in the UK and abroad.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with all internal departments (design, production engineering, production and purchasing) as well as external suppliers both in the UK and abroad.
- Ability to work under their own initiative and actively plan the development program for the department is also essential, as is the ability to work within tight timescales.
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 26 days based on service, plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Discount
Working Hours: 8am-4.30pm Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.