We are recruiting for a EHS Manager to join the Environmental, Health and Safety department in one of our leading Cheltenham based clients on a full-time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be reporting to the EHS Group Executive and will be responsible for advising all Directors/Managers and employees on all safety, health, welfare and environmental matters. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career within a reputable company.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and processes in line with relevant legislation, to assist staff in managing EHS effectively in their area
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and attend courses/seminars to enable accurate interpretation of legislation
- Ensure that all "assessments" as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed and maintain records of the same
- To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E issued to employees
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company's operations
- Immediately report situations that require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation
- To notify relevant contacts if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented
- Ensure investigations are conducted and the findings are recorded on the relevant forms
- Ensure all notifiable incidents are reported under R.I.D.D.O.R and any environmental incidents are reported to the local authorities and environmental agencies.
- Ensure Health Surveillance is carried out as required
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required and manage/arrange training
- Understand the application of ISO 14001 Environmental Management and other Environmental legislation
- Maintain and monitor environmental management control and improvement systems
- Manage external monitoring and auditing of OHSAS18001 & ISO 14001 conduct audits
- Manage the ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 certification to ensure on-going accreditation to both standards
- Lead the implementation of Behavioural Based Safety programme
- Demonstrate experience of managing EHS in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Previously led a team of HSE professionals
- Experience of practical implementation of Behavioural based safety systems
- Ability to formulate strategy and policies as well as engaging business in that process
- Experience in leading and managing large change programs
- Must possess knowledge of EHS Legistlation and best practice
- Understanding of Management Systems (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001)
- Hold a NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- Possess excellent communication skills
- High level of Computer literacy
- Must be able to engage with staff at all levels
- Demonstrate good leadership and management skills
- Be able to deal with conflicting demands which may have potentially serious outcomes
- Comfortable dealing with senior staff and Directors
If you feel this could be the next step in your career please call 01242 246 020 to speak to Jade or apply online with your CV for immediate consideration.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.