Do you have print and digital editorial experience? If you have strong written skills and would like to work in beautiful surroundings then this is the opportunity for you!
A leading, successful publishing company in the South East are looking for an Editor to join their editorial department, delivering content across all channels including website, email, print, video and webinars. You will be responsible for devising editorial strategy, ensuring content meets the needs of the audience, and overseeing the commissioning of content.
Responsibilities as an Editor:
- Deliver stimulating content across all channels
- Forward plan each year's print issues taking into account market trends
- Build up contacts for specific genres and topics
- Identify future markets and new products with editorial potential
- Negotiate terms and deadlines for authors, ensuring copy meets deadlines
- Ensure copy is cleared for press - i.e. subbed and content checked
Requirements as an Editor:
- Print and digital editorial experience
- Journalism qualification or equivalent
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proof reading skills
- Research skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational and communication skills
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.