HGV Driver / Trainer - Blandford Forum
Our Client requires a DVSA qualified and experienced HGV Driver Trainer (with current LGV C+E Entitlement and DQC) to assist the Transport Manager with existing driver training, creating driving and operational assessments and conducting driver debriefs, in the Blandford Forum area.
- To assist Transport Manager in new driver training, ensuring the induction is delivered consistently and professionally.
- To assist Transport Manager in achieving full legal compliance with the Operator's Licence and drivers hour's regulations.
- Assess and report individual driver training requirements.
- Review data from in cab technology including MPG / Idling / Harsh Braking / Harsh Acceleration and Speeding Offences by driver and agree corrective training plan with Transport Manager.
- Review data from tachograph analysis system including driver's hours infringements and offences by driver and agree corrective training plan with Transport Manager.
- Ensure that CPC and legislative knowledge is updated and refreshed on an on-going basis.
- Assist the Transport Manager in ensuring drivers comply with the legal obligation of the EC driver's hours rules governed by EC regulations.
- Monitor individual driver performance in relation to infringements, taking action where individuals are not achieving the VOSA standard.
- Legal compliance must never be compromised in favour of commercial gain.
- To ensure that you work to a safety first culture and to provide a safe working environment for yourself and other employees, protecting all visitors to the premises and meet all legal requirements and that all company rules are adhered to.
- All new drivers must be trained according to the driver induction programme and be fully briefed on Company procedures and protocols as well as being trained to the Driver CPC Standard.
- Correctional training for all drivers that do not adhere to legislation
- Training in the use of a Moffett
- To deputise for the Transport Manager in his absence from the site.
- C+E LGV driving Licence
- Driver training qualification
- Currently hold Transport Managers and IOSH certificates or be working towards completion
- Fork lift training experience
- Certified Moffett training experience
- Driver Management/ supervision
- 5 years training experience
- People management
- Product knowledge
- Logistics experience
- Transport Planning Experience
- Computer Literate / ability to learn and understand systems relatively quickly - Preferably has Paragon experience
- Organised and Methodical approach to work.
- Attention to detail.
- Co-operative/firm but fair
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external customers
- Good sense of humour
- Good 'People person'
- Ability to influence
- Able to maintain discipline
- Able to maintain professional boundaries with Drivers.
- Computer Literate
- Exceptional knowledge of drivers hours & tachographs
- Knowledge of SAP ideal
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.