Are you a Draftsperson? Experienced in reading and creating engineering drawings? Completed a HNC / Degree in engineering?
Our Client are seeking a draftsperson to join their Cheltenham based engineering company on a full time, permanent basis.
The role will involve providing guidance and recommendations to the engineering teams relating to drawing best practice and design improvement
- Undertaking all CAD tasks relating to engineering change
- Maintain PLM records and engineering billing materials (eBOMs) as part of engineering change
- Create and maintain models and drawings for ETO products and customer specific documents
- Produce schematics, concepts and prototype models and drawings for projects and cost reduction ideas
- Participation in product engineering support projects and managements of all associated CAD activity
- Contribute to departmental cost reduction activity
- Perform basic FEA and CFD in order to identify design weakness and increase design efficiency
- Management of own workload and multiple priorities will be required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum HNC in an engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD
- Knowledge of drawing standards such as BS8888 or equivalent
- Basic Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) understanding is advantageous
- Self motivation and drive with the ability to manage conflicting priorities to tight deadlines
- Basic understanding of industrial manufacturing processes
- Reading and creating engineering drawings
- Exposure to Creo elements Direct Modelling and Drafting and Autodesk Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) would be advantageous.
If you feel that this role may be of interest to you then please apply online with your CV for immediate consideration or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please not that due to the large number of applications we receive we cannot always come back with a response so if you have not heard from us within 7 working days then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.