Meridian Business Support are currently recruiting for a Document Controller for our client, a multi-disciplinary engineering solutions provider for their project based in their site design office, Derby.
This role is to start ASAP running for approx. 12 months and beyond due to further contract wins.
This role would suit a candidate that has experience as a Document Control Manager, or has worked as a document controller for most of their career.
Principal Accountabilities (Outputs of the Job - Activities & Decisions)
- Providing key stakeholders, both internal and external, with accurate, quality and reliable documentation by controlling the additions and modifications of internal and external documents and records. Facilitate the generation and maintenance of Document Registers and Transmittal Records as appropriate
- Provide a proactive and supportive approach for the creation, transmittal, research, and retrieval of documents, including distribution of incoming documents and the progressing/tracking of responses to these documents
- Managing electronic document storage and retrieval, supporting project staff in its use.
- Continuous optimisation of our processes and methods, maintaining regular contacts with the directors, managers, and supervisory staff and ensuring long-term cooperation with external partners
- Direct liaison across the company and with external Clients, Contractors and Suppliers as required
- Maintaining the Master Document Register in Excel format and producing reports using the linked Access database (advanced user recommended).
- Logging and distributing Documents, Drawings, TQs, VOs, EWNs, RAMS etc., on a daily basis reporting any anomalies.
- Maintaining the project mailbox.
- Liaising with site team and client ensuring adherence to procedures.
- Attending quality and progress meetings and reporting on document statuses.
- Assisting quality department with compliance audits.
- Planning and compilation of final handover documentation.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.