At Meridian Health we are currently looking to recruit HCPC registered Paramedics/Occupational Therapists/Physiotherapists to work with our client, a leading provider of Disability Assessment Services working 4 days per week in the Poole clinic.
As a Disability Assessor, you will be working alongside a dedicated team of health professionals from a number of disciplines to help assess people who are making a claim for Personal Independence Payments. As part of the DWP supply chain you will use your clinical skills to conduct evidence based examinations to determine the ways a person's disabilities impact on their daily lives.
You will need to take into account all of the information presented including any supporting evidence (e.g. the claimant's completed questionnaire, and information from GP's or Specialists etc) and then carry out a face to face consultation in a professional manner.
Upon starting work you will embark on an outstanding training program that seeks to prepare you for the role in a classroom-based environment, before you enter the office for your mentor-based learning.
To be successful in this role you will be able to evidence the following:
- Broad-based post-qualification experience.
- Up to date HCPC registration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to act decisively, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written skills with an ability to communicate information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner.
- Happy working as part of a team or on your own initiative.
- You'll have sufficient clinical knowledge to read and understand complex claimant information.
- Have excellent report writing skills to enable you to provide DWP with a robust assessment report.
- You'll have appropriate questioning skills along with the ability to capture informal and formal observations.
- Confident using computers.
In return, you will benefit from the following:
- A starting salary of £32,000 pro rata
- 4 days a week, office-type hours.
- CPD funding for external courses.
- Ongoing training and support.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply with your CV below or call Rebekah on 0151 706 8046 to discuss this position further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.