Meridian Business Support is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent and temporary recruitment to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
We are currently recruiting for either a Nurse, Physiotherapist, Paramedic or Occupational Therapist for an exciting new position working as a Disability Assessor. Your primary role will be to use your Paramedic skills to conduct health and disability assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a clinician to enhance assessment their skills as well as continuing to develop clinical skills. Full comprehensive training is provided with on going support throughout your career. There are a number of different progression avenues within the organisation due to the growing sector so there is plenty of opportunity for future progression within the role.
Starting salaries for this role range from £41,000 depending on the location you are applying for.
- At 9-month mark, performance related £1000 increase will be put in place and again at 18-month mark
- Welcome package of £1000 if you start within 4 weeks of being offered the role
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays) with the option to buy and sell additional annual leave
- Private medical insurance, Dental insurance and travel insurance
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement and support with re-validation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary
- Platforms to save tax and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) on childcare vouchers or on a new bike
- An employee shares ownership plan
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please apply to this advert or alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Martyn Cahill at Meridian Business Support on 0750 082 7519.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.