The Design Studio team at a leading Manufacturing Engineering firm in Cheltenham is seeking to hire a highly organised Design Studio Coordinator who will support the Design Studio Manager by assisting with technical and creative work flow coordination, whilst liaising with internal and external customers and generally acting as the first point of contact for all design studio enquiries.
As the Design Studio Coordinator, your superior organisational and administrative skills will be what make things run seamlessly in the department so that each member of the team can get on with what they do best, in order to deliver each project to the customer on time.
Working closely with the Design Studio Manager you will manage the administration and diarising of work to ensure the smooth running of projects whilst taking ownership of project paperwork and filing.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Design Studio Manager in resource planning for design team workflow - both technical and creative;
- Communicating with authors and designers to discuss and monitor deadlines and schedules;
- Liaising with printers to ensure the best price for print;
- Administration of in-house software package, raising purchase orders and stock control;
- Literature release process to the internal document filing & internet;
- Recharges each quarter for goods bought on behalf of other departments;
- Communicating with and supporting external customers with any ad-hoc requests;
- Sales and monitoring of stock literature;
- Monitor and manage website sales stock for offsite storage facilities and
- Liaising with internal customers on process for printed documents
The successful candidate will have:
- A business administration qualification;
- An understanding of design terminology and the types of software used in the industry;
- Microsoft Office skills (Advanced Excel, intermediate Word, PowerPoint & SharePoint);
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organisation skills;
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- A high attention to detail and
- Initiative, a positive attitude and be a team player
In order to be considered for this role, you must have gained previous experience in a design studio, a marketing support capacity or similar environment, or you might be seeking your first job in a design studio after achieving a relevant qualification. Either way, you will consider yourself to have organisational skills which are second to none!
Are you the expert coordinator we're looking for? If so, then send in your CV as soon as possible by clicking on the 'apply now' button to be considered.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.