Design Engineer - Traffic & Highways - Central London
Our client, a large transportation organisation, are looking for an experienced Highways Design Engineer to work on a contract basis in an established Highways Design Office in Central London to provide support to the Principle Design Engineer in the undertaking of collision investigation, road safety engineering and statistical analysis as well as providing specialist traffic engineering capability, carrying out the design of traffic schemes and development programmes on the London road transport network
We are looking for candidates with a strong background working in a Highways Design office environment and must be able to use Traffic Modelling packages such as LINSIG2, TRANSYT & PICADY. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a high aptitude in service delivery, excellent communicators and able to liaise with clients/stakeholders and demonstrate technical qualities for the role.
Candidates with experience in road safety, collision investigation and road safety engineering as well as any project experience in the design of 20mph speed limits or collision remedial schemes will be preferred.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Degree qualified or substantial relevant experience and working towards professional membership
- Awareness of the principles of environmental design
- Extensive hands-on experience in traffic engineering, with focus on analysis of problems and solution development in an urban environment
- Experience in the management of projects, successfully working to targets and deadlines including records of delivering on time and within budget
- Understanding of the principles and practices of traffic and highway infrastructure and asset management
- Knowledge and understanding of traffic modelling, traffic management and traffic signals operation
- Experience using tools such as ARCADY, OSCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRANSYT
- Experience of development and design of urban traffic engineering improvements to improve network operation through changes to traffic signal operation, traffic management, traffic regulation and kerb-side controls
- Knowledge of the relationship between land use/urban planning, transport planning and highway and network management and development
- Understanding and experience of the design and operation of a road network to meet highway and transport policy objectives
- Understanding key transport issues effecting London
- Understanding legal framework including highway and traffic authority powers, duties and functions
- Numerate and computer-literate with good keyboard skills and fluent in using MS Office experience especially Word, Excel and Outlook
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in UK's Highways Consultancy market, working on the some of the most renowned UK projects.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.