Deputy Children's Home Manager
Salary £29,211 including sleep allowance
2 weekly alternating shift pattern
Join a first class organisation that specialises in high quality residential and community based care for children and young people across the Midlands and North Wales.
Care packages to young people from a range of backgrounds in specialist small group and solo children's homes. Specialist integrated therapeutic services and high staffing ratios, exceptional care and a range of tailored specialist placement options.
The Deputy Children's Home Manager will:
- Lead the home in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- Ensure that young people have their needs met and the home meets the standards set in the statement of purpose.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a competent, motivated and confident staffing team and to offer leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to subordinates.
- Monitor the home's equipment, appliances, and grounds and ensure they are effectively maintained in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Actively strive to achieve the best outcomes for the young people.
Essential requirements for Deputy Children's Home Manager:
- Experience of management or team leading within a relevant setting
- NVQ level 3 in Caring for Children and Young People or QCF Level 3 Diploma Children & Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent
- Must work sleep-in shifts
- Full, clean, current driving licence
- Enhanced and satisfactory DBS check
- Salary subject to experience and qualification
Desirable requirements for Deputy Children's Home Manager:
- We are particularly interested in recruiting candidates with experience of working with specialist services, vulnerable groups and victims of trauma.
- Ideally candidates will hold NVQ Level 4 / QCF Level 5
To apply please send your CV 'Apply Now'. Alternatively call Gus Nicol on 01782 209091 to talk about this opportunity.
Meridian is acting as a recruitment agency for this opportunity.
Suitable applicants for Deputy Care Manager - Children's Residential Home might include:
Childcare Practitioner, Child Care Practitioner, EBD or EBSD Support Worker, Senior Residential Support Worker, Children's Support Worker, Youth Worker, Family Support Worker, Residential Children's Officer, NVQ3 CCYP, Team Leader - Children's Support Work, Lead Support Worker Children
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.