On behalf of our Cheltenham-based client, we are seeking an experienced and empathetic Customer Service Officer to complete a full-time (9am - 5pm, Monday-Friday), temporary assignment, starting ASAP. This is an urgent requirement and the ideal candidate will be available from Monday, 23rd November.
Due to the nature of the business and the role itself, applicants will be required to undergo a Disclosure Scotland check and in addition, to provide contact details for us to gain references covering the last 5 years of your employment history.
It is envisaged that the assignment will last 4-6 weeks, however there is the possibility that this will be extended.
This is a varied position that involves face-to-face and telephone-based customer service and applicants should be comfortable with both. The role offers a variety of duties and applicants will need to be confident working on their own initiative and prioritising their own workload.
You will work as part of a small team and will have an adaptable nature, alongside a pro-active approach.
Duties will include:
- To provide a service that, wherever possible, deals with customer's queries at the first point of contact
- Be effective and pro-active in dealing with customer enquiries both in reception and via other means of communication
- Process requests and other queries from various sources / parties by telephone, email, fax or website
- Receive payments, provide receipts & balance monies correctly at the end of each day
- Administer and monitor the customer web portal
- Ensure that all customers receive an excellent level of service
- Accurately deal with applications
- Effectively deal with all incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain stock control of office stationary
- Provide assistance to other departments in a receptionist role
- Assist with other duties as requested by Customer Service Team Leader
- Assist in ensuring satisfaction with the service is monitored and ensure feedback is acted upon to achieve a customer-focused service.
- Ensure that all customers both internal and external are provided with a high quality service
- Provide timely and accurate reports as requested by Customer Relations Manager and Customer Service Team Leader.
- Experience in providing both telephone-based and face-to-face Customer Service
- Good I.T skills
- The ability to deal with people at all levels
- A positive & pro-active approach
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Organised & diligent, but with an empathetic nature
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.