On behalf of our Industry-leading client, we are seeking a pro-active and highly personable Customer Account Administrator. Our client are a Global Engineering firm and due to the nature of the role and a requirement to hit the ground running, we are seeking candidates with experience of a similar role, held within an Engineering firm.
Focused on providing above levels of service at all times, you will be diligent and have excellent communication skills, alongside the ability to build rapport at all levels. You will be adept at problem solving and managing the full order cycle, with a keen eye for detail.
This is a full time, contract role with a duration of 12 months. As this is an urgent requirement, the ideal candidate will be available to start at the beginning of December or indeed sooner.
Under the direct supervision of the Customer Support Team Leader, the Customer Account Administrator must ensure the responsibilities of the department in monitoring and controlling contractual activities are recognised, achieved and upheld.
The Customer Account Administrator will be assigned responsibility for specific accounts and will act as the single point of contact for dedicated customers, responding to requirements, liaising with and coordinating resources of other departments as appropriate
The Customer Account Administrator is responsible for the review of the contractual terms of the purchase order to ensure compliance and consistency with the quotation or proposal. Upon completion of the review, all approved orders are passed for entry onto the system and provide order acknowledgement.
The Administrator provides continual follow - up on all issues which may impact upon the completion of the order particularly technical or delivery issues. Order book management and understanding is a must.
The department also assists the Sales and Marketing department with forecast data for planning purposes
In order to function effectively within the department, the Customer Account Administrator must have an understanding of the products, processes and company.
A considerable amount of customer contact is required, involving periodic visits to customer's premises.
It is also very important for the Customer Account Administrator to be organised and able to prioritise work load in accordance with customer requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of the company's contractual performance and order book management.
- Establish and develop a professional customer interface to enhance opportunities for continued and increased business
- Act as a lead point of contact for assigned programmes
- Support the Sales and Marketing department sales forecast efforts, Ensure agreed price variation clauses are observed and price adjustments made in accordance with contract terms
- Review and approve purchase orders to ensure they reflect proposals or quotations
- Initiate order entry and provide Order acknowledgement
- Maintain current and accurate contract files including quotations, negotiation history, purchase orders and change orders
- Provide quotations on assigned programmes
- Provide delivery information to customers on assigned programmes, and controlling Order book management.
- Maintain and update customer profiles
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience of a similar role within an Engineering firm
- Good I.T skills
- Experience of customer account management and order processing
- A desire to provide the best levels of service at all times, working within company guidelines
- A keen eye for detail and high levels of accuracy in your work
- Positive and Pro-active approach
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.