Our Cheltenham based engineering client are seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join them on a part time basis working 20 hours per week. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the credit accounts of our customers in line with the company's credit policy; to keep customers within their agreed terms and escalating where further action is required.
- Processing new account applications, assessing creditworthiness with credit reference Agency, setting of credit limits and payment terms
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to collect overdue payments, manage their payment options and finding appropriate resolutions to their account queries
- Review credit limits in line with changing risk and/or payment history and releasing, where relevant, customer orders and accounts on holds.
- Reconciling customer accounts by regularly allocating payments to reduce unallocated cash
- Maintaining up to date account notes and recording communications with customers
- Understand, analyse and report on the overall credit risk of their ledger
- Sending of copy invoices, proofs of delivery, statements, reminder letters and final demands
- Taking payments via credit card over the phone
- Liaise with internal staff to help resolve customer queries, monitoring the dispute to ensure it is followed through to a resolution in a timely manner.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
- Understand what contributes to credit risk
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Possess a rational and logical approach
If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered please apply online with your CV today or email your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.