Our client is a well established manufacturing company in Exeter who are looking to grow their engineering team by recruiting an experienced Costings Engineer who will play an integral role in their Value Added service. Ideally you will be adept at reading CAD drawings (and may have even previously worked in design using Solidworks or similar) but also be a really good, innovative and practical Costings Engineer. Your estimating experience and ability to work with the client, design, procurement and production teams will be essential.
- Working within the Quality Assurance department this role predominately focuses on the successful identification and execution of value added and value engineering principles being applied to new and existing products.
- You will work with various 'customers' to investigate the most effective design, assembly and production methods and produce a detailed cost analysis on the jobs coming through.
- Redesign or upgrade existing products to reduce cost or improve production performance whilst maintaining required standards including FMEA activities
- Develop and implement new techniques where cost and / or quality improvement can be demonstrated.
- Ensure the accurate costing and justification for design changes / improvements.
- Maintain technical knowledge and new production concepts to ensure continual professional development.
- Experience of costing products
- Proficient in the use of Solid Edge or other recognised CAD software
- Experience of raising works and routing documentation
- Experience of VA / VE in a relevant discipline
- Experience of NPD from design concept through to end of product life
- Good knowledge of sheet metals and cast iron and related manufacturing processes and material limitations would be useful but not essential
- Experience of root cause analysis, FMEA / risk analysis and 8D would be beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate previous VA / VE project participation and outcomes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages and Solid Edge to intermediate level
- HND / HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous, although previous work experience would be considered
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Discount
- Flexi Time
Working Hours: 8.30-5.00 Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.