An exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator / Cost Estimator with a strong mechanical engineering background to support and develop customer orders. Our client supplies quality products throughout the global automotive sector and you will work closely with customers, the buying team and the sales department in order to ensure cost targets are maintained. You will have the ability to read mechanical drawings, estimate parts and labour costs and produce accurate reports for all parties.
- Maximise the opportunity, turnover and profitability of new and existing accounts.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products and track actual costs relative to budget and report status on a regular basis to ensure costs are in line with forecasts.
- Identify, lead and participate in cost reduction exercises for continuous improvement and to achieve cost reduction objectives through cost analysis review.
- Participate in customer meetings to support cost justification where relevant.
- Participate in Project and Contract reviews.
- Support preparation of customer and internal presentations.
- Support preparation of monthly sales forecast updates.
- Assist in the creation of annual sales budget.
- A minimum of 3 year's experience within a similar role within a manufacturing company.
- Strong technical mind set and able to read and interpret technical data and translate to others
- Highly numerate with the ability to research, assemble, and manage numerical information
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of estimating techniques
- Commercially and financially aware
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to deliver against deadlines
Working Hours: Mon - Thurs 9.00am - 5.30pm / Fri 9.00am - 3.30pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.